The Government of Australia has recently introduced subclass 491 for the skilled employees who wish to live and work in the regional areas of Australia.
Why Should You Choose Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa?
The 491 Visa Australia allows skilled international employees to live and work in regional Australia. Subclass 491 visa holders can stay for 5 years in the regional areas of Australia. All applicants are require to pay AUS 4,115 to lodge an application for subclass 491.
It’s a temporary visa that can lead people to get permanent residency in Australia. The Skilled Work Regional Visa holders can apply for Australian permanent residence after spending 3 years in Australia. Therefore, people who wish to live in Australia on a permanent basis can apply for the Skilled Work Regional Visa (subclass 491).
If you want to apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491) then book your appointment with our registered migration agents in Australia!
Eligibility to Apply for Subclass 491
You must fulfill the eligibility requirements before applying for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa. They include,
- You must be nominat by the Australian state or territory government to apply for subclass 491.
- You must have sponsorship by an eligible relative in Australia.
- You’re require to score at least 65 points in the Skill Migration Points Test.
- Your occupation should be on a relevant Skill Occupation List.
- You must have a skills assessment for your occupation.
- must be above 18 and under 45 years of age while applying for subclass 491.
- proficient in speaking the English language.
- You’re also require to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) in the SkillSelect.
- You and your family members who want to apply for subclass 491 must fulfill the health and character requirements set by the Australian Government.
- You shouldn’t owe any money to the Government of Australia and must be free from all debts when you apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa.
Benefits of Having Subclass 491
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa holders can avail amazing benefits in Australia. One of the significant advantages of having a subclass 491 include,
- You can reside in an Australian regional area for up to five years.
- During the visa’s validity period, you are free to travel to and from Australia as often as you wish.
- After 3 years of obtaining subclass 491, you can apply for permanent residency in Australia.
- You can live, study and work in any field in the regional area of Australia.
Points Allocation for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa is based on the General Skilled Migration Points Test. There’re specific categories under which applicants can score points. They include the applicant’s:
- Educational qualifications
- Work Experience in and outside Australia
- English Language Proficiency
- Marital Status
However, the Australian Government has updated the points system for all visas under the Skilled Migration Program. Further, applicants can obtain additional points in specific categories, which are as below.
- 10 points if applicants have a skilled spouse or de facto partner.
- 10 points if applicants have education qualifications in Mathematics, Science, Technology and Engineering.
- 15 points if applicants are nominate by the Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative from the regional area of Australia.
- 10 points if an applicant is single or has a spouse or a de facto partner who’s an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- 5 points if the applicant has a spouse or de facto partner with competent English; however, his spouse or de facto partner isn’t an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen.
What is the Processing Time for Subclass 491?
Generally, the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) takes 11 months to process 75% of applications for subclass 491. While 90% of applications get finalized within 14 months.
Although, the processing time for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491) depends on the applications. If the application has complete documentation and meets the eligibility criteria, then it’ll be processequickly. Whereas applications with invalid information take longer or might get rejected by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA). Therefore, applicants are required to review all documents for the quick visa process by DOHA.
The Australian Government offers many opportunities to skilled employees from all around the world. If skilled workers wish to work and live in Australia, they can obtain the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491).The eligible employees can apply for subclass 491 by fulfilling all the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) requirements. The skilled workers can reside, study and work in regional Australia after obtaining subclass 491 visa Australia.
If you need assistance regarding the application process of the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491), then you can consult with our registered migration agents in Australia!