Are you new to the world of fitness and wondering why a woman should consume protein? Well! Be it any stage of your life and whatever your body is, you will need protein. Regular consumption of protein-rich foods or supplements can offer tons of amazing health benefits.
Here are some of the benefits of protein on gym enthusiasts and athletes:
- Protein can help in maintaining lean muscles
The first and foremost benefit of consuming protein-rich foods or protein powder for women is to maintain lean muscles. Protein supplements or foods contain a lot of amino acids and micronutrients that support muscle growth. Protein powders can also help in strengthening your muscles and boost your overall health.
- Protein can help in maintaining your hair, skin and nails
Our hair, skin and nails are composed of structural protein called keratin. Regular consumption of adequate amounts of this macronutrient can help in maintaining your beauty. The amino acid content in the supplement can help in enhancing the production of keratin in the body and in this way help in maintaining healthy nails, skin and hair.
- Protein can help in rapid muscle recovery
Protein powder for women can help in speeding the muscle recovery process as it contains essential amino acids or branched chain amino acids. These help in the synthesis of protein in the muscles and the synthesis of new satellite cells that supports muscle recovery.
- Protein can help in strengthening your bones
Whey protein supplements are derived from cow milk and therefore these products are a rich source of calcium. The presence of calcium can help in strengthening your bones, which is especially necessary for women of all ages.
- Protein can help in weight management
Protein supplements can help in keeping you fuller for a longer period and thus reduce your urge to gulp down excess calories. These supplements are also known to regulate your metabolism rate, which in turn, support healthy weight management.
- Protein supplements can provide your body with nutrients
A single food item can provide your body with fewer amounts of nutrients, whereas protein supplements can help you get a lot of nutrients that can help in bridging the nutritional gaps. These supplements are manufactured using a variety of ingredients that are a rich source of vitamins and minerals. These micronutrients are necessary for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and can help in building muscles. Most of the protein supplements can also help in regulating certain hormone levels and boost immunity.
Here are some of the best protein powder for women in India:
- bGREEN Plant Protein by MuscleBlaze
- JustHer Protein with Herbs for Women
- Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
- MuscleBlaze Sparkling Protein Water
- MuscleBlazeBiozyme Whey Protein
- The Protein Zone Original Raw Whey Protein
- Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
- MB Fuel One Whey Protein Immunity+
- ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- MuscleTechNitroTech Performance Series
- Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein
Regular exercise, proper diet and proper supplementation can help you achieve your body goals in no time.