Scratches are the last thing you would want to see on your laptop. They not only make it look old and shabby but also affect its functionality to a great extent. The slim, sleek, and lightweight design of laptops makes them highly susceptible to scratches. If you don’t take an active measures to protect your laptop from scratches, they can appear in no time. Scratches hamper the visual appeal of your laptop as well as its performance at the same time. Apart from causing permanent damage, they also make it prone to further damage and corrosion in the future. Here is everything you need to know about protecting your laptop from scratches:
Know the Causes of Scratches
There are a variety of things that can cause scratches on your laptop, some of which are listed below:
- The screen of your laptop is the most susceptible part to scratches. This is because it is the most delicate part of your laptop and you need to keep it clean all the time.
- The hinges of your laptop can also develop scratches if the laptop is not kept in a proper place.
- All laptops have a trackpad that is used for controlling the laptop. The trackpad can develop random scratches if your skin is slightly oily or if you are using a pen to press on the trackpad.
- The keyboard of your laptop is a major cause of scratches. Since the keys are pressed on a daily basis, they can easily develop scratches if they are not cleaned regularly.
- Apart from these, the hard drive, battery, and chassis are also prone to scratches.
- You can also get scratches on your laptop if you keep it in a bag that has a rough texture or is very thick.
Use a Screen Protector
The best way to prevent scratches on the screen of your laptop is by getting a screen protector. Screen protectors are held firmly in place by a sticky adhesive strip or are used along with a laptop case. You can also use a laptop sleeve with an integrated screen protector. Using a screen protector will not only protect the screen of your acer laptop from scratches but will also keep them from getting damaged due to oil marks, dust, and fingerprints. Screen protectors are available in various sizes, materials, and designs. You can choose the one according to your laptop model and screen size. Some of the best screen protectors for laptops include the following:
- There are various brands of laptop screen protectors available on the market. Some of the best laptop screen protectors include the JUJIA Screen Protector for Laptops, BUBM Laptop Screen Protector for 15.6 Inches, and smooth Scratch-proof HD Clear Screen Protector for Laptops.
- There are laptop screen protectors that offer a combination of protection with privacy. These protectors are highly beneficial for people who work in an environment where they need to keep their screens private while they are working.
- Another type of screen protector is the privacy screen protector. This is designed specifically for those who need to keep their screen private but are not comfortable with using a combination screen protector.
Use a Case and a Skin
A case is a protective cover for your laptop that is usually made from synthetic material or leather. Cases for laptops are available in various designs, styles, and colors. They are used to protect your laptop from scratches and help it maintain its pristine condition for a longer duration. Cases are not only limited to covering the laptop but can also be used to store other accessories like headphones, power cords, and documents. Some of the best cases for laptops include the following:
You can find a variety of cases and skins for laptops in the market like armobileskin . Some of the best laptop cases include the MOSISO Laptop Case, Laptop Case with Keyboard Wrist Rest, and BUBM Laptop Case. These cases are highly durable and will ensure that your laptop is well-protected from any kind of damage.Apart from cases, you can protect your laptop by using decals, stickers, and skins. These accessories are easy to use and can be removed without leaving any residue.
Note that skins offer protection from scratches but not from any other type of damage to your laptop.
Get a Tempered Glass Protector
Tempered glass protectors are used to protecting the screen of your laptop against scratches, dust, and fingerprints. Unlike other screen protectors available in the market, a tempered glass protector is transparent and provides the best visual experience of all the other protectors. A tempered glass protector is made from a special type of glass that is four times stronger than normal glass. It can also be easily removed and cleaned without leaving any residue or damage to the laptop screen. Some of the best-tempered glass protectors for laptops include the following: –
- There are various brands and types of tempered glass protectors available in the market. Some of the best tempered glass protectors include the Peyo 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector and the EasyACC Anti-Scratches Tempered Glass Screen Protector.
- There are also touchscreen-compatible tempered glass protectors available on the market. These are good for those who use their laptops for a lot of typing.
Tips To Avoid Scratches on Laptop
- While handling your laptop, make sure that you do not use a rough cloth to clean it. Using a rough cloth can cause scratches on your laptop.
- Avoid placing your laptop on a rough surface. Placing your laptop on a rough surface can cause scratches on the chassis of your laptop.
- Always keep your laptop in a bag that is smooth and does not have a rough texture. Putting your laptop in a rough bag can cause scratches on your laptop.
- While using your laptop, avoid keeping it on your lap. Keeping it on your lap can cause scratches on your laptop.
- Make sure that your laptop is kept in a cool and dry place. Keeping your laptop in an extremely warm or humid place can cause it to develop rust and other types of corrosion.
Laptops are a common and daily use gadget, but they are also prone to scratches and dents. To protect your laptop from damage, there are a variety of accessories. You can use a laptop case, laptop skins, and a laptop screen protector to protect your laptop from scratches. Apart from these, you can also use a tempered glass protector to protect the screen of your laptop from scratches. Using these tips and tricks, you can easily protect your laptop from scratches and dents.