Feeling like it’s time for a grand renovation in your house and looking for an app that will help you visualize your dreams and awesome ideas? We got you covered! Below there is a quick guide on what to look for in a good interior design app and an example of a service that may meet your requirements.
Where to Look For?
Depending on the platform you have, you can look for an interior design app on such sources as:
- App Store and Google Play – these are the largest app stores for iOS and Android, where you can search for apps using keywords and the “Similar” section.
- Mac App Store – a proprietary app store for Mac computers. Still, it doesn’t offer a lot, as many software developers distribute their apps via websites.
- Google – here you can simply search for top lists of interior design apps and download them from official websites. It’s the best way to find PC and Mac apps.
If you are looking for a universal solution that works similarly well on all your devices, Room Planner might be what you need. You can start for free and create professional 3D visualizations along with learning the best practices on the free developer YouTube channel. You can get the app for your iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Mac from the official website: https://www.roomplannerapp.com/.
What to Look For?
To find an interior design app that matches your need, you need to look for the following aspects:
- 2D/3D capabilities – while the purpose of a 3D functionary is to let you visualize your interior concepts realistically and view objects and rooms from different angles, the importance of 2D is usually overlooked. However, you need it as much as you need 3D to develop floorplans and zoning thoroughly and conveniently before you go to 3D. In simple words, the 2D model is for math, and the 3D mode is for visualizing and working on details, such as decor, furniture, color schemes, etc.
- A selection of furniture and accessories by real brands – creating a design with a virtual basket of goods by real brands is a great opportunity to choose items you like and see how they fit your rooms. This feature will also make it easier to find similar items. For example, Room Planner has a regularly updated catalog of 7K+ branded items.
- HD photorealistic renders – why not look at your designs as if they were real if you can?
- Ready-made designs – creating an interior from the ground up when you don’t have enough experience can be a daunting task. That’s why it’s recommended to start from a ready-made mockup and edit it to match your house sizing. It’s a great way to save time, minimize the number of mistakes, and even get inspired.
- 3DS Max export – this may sound too professional because it actually is. Even if this feature means nothing to you, a designer you hire to polish your concept will be grateful. If you are a pro designer, you will find this feature very helpful if you need a simple app to create draft designs and work on details in 3DS Max later.
No one knows what you need better than you, and today you can visualize your ideas right away by simply installing an app. You don’t need any fundamental knowledge and skills to start off. Take a weekend to watch a YouTube course for dummies, download an app you like, and create!