The post covid era has seen many people move from regularly going to work to working from home. While working from the comfort of your home, all you want to do is flip your laptop open and get to work wherever you find yourself. Sometimes, your position or your stance while working contributes to your productivity. It would interest you to know that getting to work on just any surface might be detrimental to your health. Ever wondered why many organizations invest in ergonomic and comfortable offices for their employees? They already understand the impact of employees’ stance or posture on their health and productivity. However, it would help if you considered creating a healthy home office by following these few tips.
- Ergonomic Chairs: If you have been working on a wooden stool or chair, you are at risk of suffering several kinds of pain while you’re done working. Wooden chairs are not ideal for long hours of work because they have a flat hard surface which would cause butt and back pain in the long run. Therefore, getting an ergonomic chair will help take all the pain away and replace it with pleasure and comfort as you work from home. Ergonomic chairs are very comfortable; it also gives you an office-like feeling.
- Adjustable Stand-Up Desk: Instead of you flipping your laptop open on your bed or drawer, why not invest in a more comfortable standing desk? The adjustable stand-up desk is made from wood, and you are at liberty to adjust the height to your preference. You can adjust the height to a standing position when you’re tired of sitting; you can also return it to the average height when you want to sit. In addition, a decent wooden desk can hold up to 300 pounds of weight, so you don’t have to worry about the size of your desktop, files, books, and every other office equipment.
The Preferred Standing Desk brand is well-known and reviewed by thousands of people. Hope here to check the site https://theomnidesk.com/
- Laptop: Compared to a desktop, having a laptop gives you more flexibility. For example, you can change your position and location as many times as possible without worrying about a single cable. Therefore, rather than having a desktop in your home office, it is advisable to get a laptop. For example, if you have been sitting for a considerable amount of time, you can decide to lay down and work, but that is not possible with a desktop. However, it’s best to select a lightweight system that gets the job done when choosing a laptop.
- Proper Air Conditioning: No standard workspace should lack proper air conditioning because an environment with heat is not conducive to productivity. After you’ve got a chair, desk, and laptop, you want to ensure that your workspace is well ventilated. Installing HVAC equipment will help produce better air conditioning. HVAC, which stands for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, is a system that provides heating and cooling to commercial buildings. It can, however, be trusted with the installation of your air conditioner.
- Wrist Rest: While using your mouse and keyboard, you usually have to rest your wrist on the hard surface of your wooden table, which is not healthy. Therefore it is essential to have a wrist rest for your keyboard and mouse. A wrist rest is basically a soft and comfortable surface where people working on a desktop or keyboard can rest their hands to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Blue Blocker Glasses: Many remote workers spend a lot of unhealthy time sitting in front of their desktop screens. According to research, spending too much time glued to the TV or computer screen damages the eyes. However, getting a set of Blue blocker glasses will protect the eyes from strain and reduce the effect of light going directly into the eye.
- DND Sign: You are already battling an assignment that requires you to beat a deadline or let’s say you have to submit a 5-page assignment in the next one hour, and you are already mentally Stressed. The last thing you want is for family members to come in to disturb you. As a result, getting you distracted when you want to pay attention might cause you to be aggressive. The “Do Not Disturb” sign will come in handy in this case. All you need is a little sign to hang in front of your door indicating that you are currently busy.
- Indoor plants
Indoor plants are a great way to make our homes feel cozy and inviting. Moreover, studies have shown that they can boost mood, productivity levels , even environmental toxins like dust will be absorbed by them! They also add life into an otherwise sterile space while adding privacy for those who need it most (plants reduce noise). Finally we should mention how therapeutic caring for these little majestic beings really is when you take time out from your busy day ́to enjoy their company as well. But when you create an indoor garden, you should keep in mind that you might need to get grow lights to keep your plants blooming.
Working from home can be fun, but at the same time, remote workers may get so carried away that they forget to pay attention to their physical and mental health as they work from home. Therefore, it is essential to remodel your home office into a more healthy workspace to save you the stress of having to visit your doctor when you have work to do.