The window treatment is a great way to change the look and feel of the entire home. Maybe you have already decided on the window treatment and looking forward to buying the same. Like many others, you should not make some mistakes while buying the window treatment. We have highlighted major window treatment mistakes, so you can avoid them making, whether you have planned to buy roller shades for large windows in Malibu or roman shades.
- Picking the wrong size- Many homeowners commit this mistake just because they don’t carefully measure the window size. If you order the window treatment with the wrong height and width, it will not be installed properly and your money will go in vain. Before you place your order or leave for the market, you should grab the right supplies (pen, pencil, notepad, marker, and measurement tape) and take precise window measurement. Note down all the measurements in your notepad and then buy the window treatment accordingly. So, take some time for precise measurement to avoid wasting your time in re-ordering.
- Ignoring function– While right size should be surely considered, but you cannot afford to ignore the window treatment function. Remember, window treatments are not just about adding aesthetic value to your home, but they are installed to provide light control, UV protection, and insulation. For instance, if you want to keep your home cool in summers and warm in winters, buy the honeycomb shades. This also reduces your utility bills in the long run. Similarly, if you want to enhance privacy and a darker room, choose the blackout window shades. In short, consider the window treatment function while buying the window treatment.
- Ignoring the home interior– Since there are plenty of window treatment options available, it is easy to get overwhelmed and end up making the wrong selection. Many homeowners choose the traditional window treatment without making sure it complements the home interior. If you have modern décor, the traditional window treatment will not complement it. Therefore, it is an important factor to consider while buying the window treatment. If you have a traditional décor, you should switch to sheer window covering to boost the interior. You can consider honeycomb or woven wood to add more texture to your home décor. So, it is imperative to consider the home interior while selecting the window treatment. Book Window Cleaning at home for best rates.
- Ignoring curb appeal– As it matters how a window treatment will appear from inside, it also matters how they appear when viewed from the outside. The curb appeal gives the first impression of a property while entering the home. The aesthetic look of your home from the outside can indicate how the home will appear from the inside. To determine what will complement your home exterior, step outside and notice the home’s style and color, and then leave for buying the window treatment. The curb appeal matters for the overall appearance of your home.
- Not considering safety risks– It is another mistake being often made by many homeowners. Some window treatments are not safe for kids and pets at home. For example, horizontal blinds with cords pose a safety risk to animals and children. Likewise, the window treatment having the pull cords, chains, lifting loops, inner cord, and looped cords pose safety risks. If you have children and pets at home, you should wisely choose the window treatment. But if you have no idea which would be the safest option without losing the functionality, aesthetic, and curb appeal, you should speak to window treatment experts. They will assist you choosing the safest window treatment option.
- Selecting the wrong hardware– The window hardware adds style to your window treatment and support the entire weight of the window treatment, allowing you to open and close the same effortlessly. Consult with your window treatment experts to understand which hardware will work with your window treatment style. You may need to increase your budget to buy your right sets of hardware.
Spending a few hours with your window treatment experts will resolve your concerns and helps you avoid committing above mentioned window treatment mistakes. This applies to every window treatment type, whether it is roller shade window treatments in Malibu or any other.