Reinforced concrete (RC) is a versatile composite and one of the most widely used materials in modern construction and Rc frame contractors are providing the best service in this regard. Concrete is a relatively brittle material that is strong under compression but less so in tension. Plain, unreinforced concrete is unsuitable for many structures as it is relatively poor at withstanding stresses induced by vibrations, wind loading, and so on
To increase its overall strength, steel rods, wires, mesh or cables can be embedded in concrete before it sets. This reinforcement, often known as rebar, resists tensile forces. By forming a strong bond together, the two materials can resist a variety of applied forces, effectively acting as a single structural element.
Whilst concrete has been used as a construction material since Roman times, the use of reinforcement, in the form of iron, was only introduced in the 1850s by French industrialist François Coignet, and it was not until the 1880s that German civil engineer G. A. Wayss used steel as reinforcement.
Framing, in construction, is the fitting together of pieces to give a structure support and shape. Framing materials are usually wood, engineered wood, or structural steel.
Types of Frame
- Rigid Frame Systems
- Fixed Ended Rigid Frame Structure.
- Pin-Ended Rigid Frame Structure.
- Braced Structural Frames with Various Types of Bracings.
- Gable Frame Steel Structure.
- Concrete Building Structure
A concrete frame is a common form of structure, comprising a network of columns and connecting beams that form the structural ‘skeleton’ of a building. This grid of beams and columns is typically constructed on a concrete foundation and is used to support the building’s floors, roof, walls, cladding, and so on.
It is the method of joining the different materials and give them a structural shape. In frame construction wood, steel, etc materials are used. It is also termed mass wall construction.
In frame construction different layers are present, those layers are consist of masonry, rammed earth, log building, etc type material.
Frame construction is divided into two types, that is
- Light frame construction.
- Heavy frame construction.
Frame Construction Advantages
- It’s economical.
- It’s versatile.
- Frame Construction Disadvantages
- It’s easy to erect.
- Fire spreads easily.
- It’s unstable in the fire.
- It’s highly damageable.
Types of Frame
- Steel Frame.
- Timber Frame.
- Concrete Frame.
- Fix Ended Rigid Frame.
- Pin-Ended Rigid Frame.
- Braced Frame System.
- Gabled Frames.
- Steel Frame
Steel frame type construction is a quick type of construction because all the components are designed outside and you need to fix them only. The Steel structures are lighter than concrete and now it’s also used in domestic purpose.
In skeleton form steels are also used in beams are columns.
- Timber Frame
Timber frame construction is also a fast type of construction, it reduces 30% time than masonry works.
Timbers are super lightweight & those have higher insulation property.
- Concrete Frame
The reinforced concrete frame is one of the most common types of construction.
In this type, at first, the formwork is done.
- Fixed Ended Rigid Frame
Infix end rigid frame structure both ends are rigidly fixed.
- Pin Ended Rigid Frame
In a pin-ended rigid frame structure, both ends are pin-ended but the whole structure is not considered a rigid structure when you removed the end condition.
- Braced Frame System
In the braced frame system, the beams & columns are pinned with bracing which supports lateral loads.
The lateral forces are supported by horizontal and vertical bracing.
The braced frame system is good to resist earthquake and wind conditions.
- Gabled Frames
In the Gabled frame structure, there is a peak on the top of the structure.
This frame structure is highly suitable in heavy rain & snow areas.
- Portal Frames
Portal frame construction is mainly useful in commercial and industrial areas.
It looks like a door
Advantages of Reinforced Concrete
- Reinforced concrete has high compressive strength compared to other building materials.
- Due to the provided reinforcement, reinforced concrete can also, withstand a good amount of tensile stress.
- The fire and weather resistance of reinforced concrete is fair.
- The reinforced concrete building system is more durable than any other building system
- Reinforced concrete, as a fluid material, in the beginning, can be economically molded into a nearly limitless range of shapes.
- The maintenance cost of reinforced concrete is very low.
- In the structure like footings, dams, piers, etc. reinforced concrete is the most economical construction material.
- It acts as a rigid member with minimum deflection.
- As reinforced concrete can be molded to any shape required, it is widely used in precast structural components. It yields rigid members with minimum apparent deflection.
- Compared to the use of steel in structure, reinforced concrete requires less skilled labor for the erection of the structure.
While doing construction, it’s critical to choose a good company with guaranteed best services and Rc Frame Contractors are one of those. The services are provided by the best contractors making construction easy for you.