Quitting smoking cannot be done in a day, nor is it easy; it definitely takes time. But it’s during this period that you have to be stronger than ever. The time taken by each person differs according to their habits. The habit of smoking might have taken time to stick to you, so it will also take time to get it out of you.
With the right help and care, even though it is different for everyone, anyone can quit. For this, institutions like Smokefree clinic in Australia are providing personalized care for every patient who is suffering. At these facilities, you will be taken to specially trained doctors who will work it out with you and try to give you the best solution and assist you in your journey.
Disadvantages of Smoking
- It’s hazardous to health, leads to cancer and heart diseases.
- Causes Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Increases the risk of tuberculosis.
- Problems in the immune system.
- Age-related loss of brain volume in several parts of the brain.
- Smoking does not reduce stress or anxiety, it increases them in the long run.
- Long-term smoking can also lead to reduced memory power.
- Cigarettes can also increase the risk of mouth cancer, laryngeal cancer, throat cancer and esophageal cancer, eventually rotting all your organs.
What might be the benefit of this habit that you tell yourself? Does it reduce your stress and anxiety levels? Or does it work well when you want to distract yourself from the pressures of this world?
Smoking most definitely comes with many added health problems and unexpected expenses. Ingesting tobacco will definitely ruin your life, mental health, and happiness. So, it’s better to quit before it turns into a habit. And even if it has become something you can’t let go of, that is still okay because now that you’ve decided to quit, you have taken the first step in this journey.
After the first step is set in your mind, visiting an institution like Smokefree clinic in Australia will take you further. There, you will find experienced people ready to help you out with this. There’s help available for anyone who asks.
What Do These Clinics Have to Offer?
- They will have specialised doctors who will understand the situation and prescribe a solution that works for you.
- At a reputed institution, the doctors will be specialists who are approved by the TGA as Authorised Prescribers of Nicotine.
- Therapy for nicotine replacement and counselling services is provided.
- Personalised care is available as well, depending on what will work best for you.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
The aftermath can be traumatic, but with the right help available, you can continue to be strong and come out of this and do what is best for you.
- When you quit smoking, the nicotine receptors in your brain go back to normal.
- If your brain is back to normal, you won’t crave nor be addicted to this habit anymore.
- It helps you hold it in and keep progressing in life, leading you to stop the smoking habit completely one day.
- Within a week, your sense of taste and smell will be improved.
- Within three months, there will be a significant decrease in coughing and wheezing.
- The functioning of your body and mind are improved.
- Treatment helps your lungs get better by removing the mucus, tar and dust.
- Quitting smoking will not only help you but also the people around you.