You may have heard of the term “vegan beauty,” and you’re wondering what it is all about. Well, vegan beauty has been a trend for a while now, but it’s not just that. Veganism is more than just the food you eat (although we’ll get to that in a second). It’s about being cruelty-free and using products made with natural ingredients. There are many things to consider when choosing vegan beauty products. In this blog post we ‘ll cover four things to know about vegan beauty.
1. What is vegan beauty ?
Vegan beauty is the use of products that are cruelty-free and made with natural ingredients. These products may also be free of sulfates, parabens, silicones, formaldehyde resins, synthetic dyes and fragrances.
There are many different types of vegan beauty products available on store shelves today: face masks, body lotions, shampoos and conditioners.
And you’ll notice that not all of them are labeled as vegan – even though they may be cruelty-free and made with natural ingredients. That’s because the term “vegan beauty” is a trend right now but it doesn’t have a strict definition yet like other terms (like “natural”).
Many people are transitioning to vegan beauty products because of the health benefits. And plant-based lotions, creams and soaps can be more affordable than animal byproducts too!
But before you go out and buy a bunch of new stuff for your skin or hair, there are some things you need to know:
- Vegan products can be expensive. And with some of them, you’ll need to use more than what’s recommended on the package – which also adds up!
- Some vegan beauty products are not as effective as traditional beauty products. For example, a lotion made for dry skin may cause breakouts if your skin is oily or acne-prone. For Skin related products, we recommend looking at CBD as the main ingredient.
- If you’re transitioning to vegan beauty, it can take time and a lot of trial & error before finding something that works for your skin type or hair texture.
- Vegan products are not always safe for those with nut allergies! So if someone in the family has a tree nut allergy, they may need to avoid certain vegan beauty products.
2. Why choose vegan beauty products?
There are many reasons why people choose vegan beauty products: Some do it because they don’t want animals harmed for their use, others may have allergies or sensitivities to certain ingredients.
But for many people, it’s about feeling good and looking good on the inside AND outside!
And you can feel great using vegan products because they’re not tested on animals or made with harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin. There are also many beauty trends – like contouring, highlighting & strobing – that are vegan and cruelty-free.
And many people choose to go vegan for their health too! Unfortunately, animal byproducts like lanolin or beeswax can cause inflammation in the skin. And some makeup products contain harmful ingredients such as petroleum, which has been linked with hormonal imbalances
3. How to find vegan products
You can find vegan products in a few different ways: by searching online, asking friends and family members, or getting recommendations from your dermatologist.
It may be easier to search for those terms on store shelves if you’re looking for something specific like skincare lotion or shampoo. You’ll notice that not all of them are labeled vegan, even though they may be cruelty-free and made with natural ingredients. That’s because the term “vegan beauty” is a trend right now, but it doesn’t have a strict definition yet like other terms (like “natural”).
When it comes to skincare, we recommend Potency 710 as they have the highest quality plant-based beauty products on the market.
You can also find out if products are vegan by reading ingredient lists on the packaging or visiting sites like PETA’s list of vegan companies.
And if you’re looking for something not on store shelves, then ordering online is a good option too! You’ll be able to find almost anything you need and even get samples or trial sizes, so you know what works before buying the full-size product.
4. The benefits of using plant-based products
The benefits of using vegan beauty products are many:
- Skincare: Many people feel more confident when using vegan products because it’s not tested on animals. And some say that plant-based lotions, creams, and soaps can be better for their skin – especially if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Haircare: Several shampoo & conditioner brands are now making vegan and cruelty-free options.
- Makeup: Using products that don’t contain animal byproducts like lanolin or beeswax can help your skin stay healthy and make it better for those with sensitive skin. And if you’re looking to get a glowing complexion, there’s plenty of makeup options out there! Vegan liquids, foundations & powders will give you a natural look without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Health: Using vegan products can be better for your health, too! For example, using makeup that doesn’t contain petroleum – which has been linked to hormonal imbalances or inflammation – is always recommended. Vegan beauty trends are constantly changing as well, so it’s good to stay up-to-date on what’s in style!
If you want to be kinder to the environment, reduce your carbon footprint, and live a healthier lifestyle, then vegan beauty products are for you. We’ve given you four reasons why choosing plant-based products is beneficial. For more information on how we can help with this lifestyle change, contact us today!