PC gaming is one of the most popular activities on the internet. It’s no wonder, as PC games offer unparalleled graphics and gameplay experiences that simply can’t be found on any other platform. If you’re looking to get into PC gaming, or if you’re looking to upgrade your current gaming setup, then you need to make sure that you have a good monitor.
In this article, we will take a look at the Best monitors for RTX3070 or RTX3080 graphics cards. We will also provide some tips on choosing the right monitor for your needs. So without further ado, let’s get started!
How to choose the best PC gaming monitor
Choosing the right monitor for your PC gaming needs is no easy task. There are a lot of factors that go into making a good Gaming Monitor, and you need to know how all these factors come together in order to get the best monitor possible. Here we list few factors that you must know while buying a Gaming Monitor:
1. Resolution: Resolution simply refers to the number of pixels a monitor can display. The higher the resolution, the more detailed and clear your images will be on screen. Currently, there are three general types of resolutions that you can use: 1080p, 1440p, and 4K.
2. Refresh rates: A monitor’s refresh rate refers to how many times it can display an image per second. Generally, the higher refresh rate monitors offer a smoother gameplay experience and more graphics options for users with high-end graphic cards. Refresh rates are usually measured in Hertz (Hz).
3. Response time: Response time is another important factor in choosing the best Gaming Monitor. This refers to how quickly a monitor can respond to changes on its screen, and lower response time means less lag during your gameplay. Generally, the faster the FPS of the game you are playing, the less response time you will need.
4. G-Sync/Freesync: These technologies allow your monitor to synchronize to the output of the graphics card, thus eliminating screen tearing and image artifacts. They also allow you to play games above a certain FPS without any issues.
5. Aspect Ratio: This refers to the relative width and height of a monitor in its native resolution. So, for example, if you have a monitor with a 16:9 aspect ratio, then its width will be 1.78 times its height.
Monitors with higher resolutions usually have lower refresh rates which results in ghosting issues or screen tearing when playing fast-paced games or games that are played at very high frame rates. Of course, this is not the case for every monitor out there, but it is important to watch out for.
The different types of PC gaming monitors available
Before we move on to the list of the best PC gaming monitors, let’s take a look at some of the different types of PC monitors out there.
1. LED/LCD monitor: This is one of the most common types of computer monitor made by companies like Samsung, Dell, LG, etc. It uses traditional liquid crystals to display images and is generally less expensive than other types of monitors.
2. Curved monitor: Curved monitors are rapidly gaining popularity due to their immersive gaming experience. They give you an increased field of view which improves your gaming experience by reducing the feeling of tunnel vision that can result from using a flat-screen monitor for extended periods of time.
3. Ultrawide monitor: These monitors have a 21:9 aspect ratio, and are great for gaming or multitasking on PCs that support ultrawide resolutions (2560×1080). They offer an increased field of view which makes switching between windows much easier than flat-screen monitors, while also providing better graphics capabilities than normal monitors.
4. G-Sync/Freesync monitor: These monitors can either be capped at a certain FPS or sync their refresh rate to the output of your graphics card, thus eliminating screen tearing and artifacts.
5. Gaming monitor with built-in speakers: These are great for gaming due to their immersive experience provided by the speakers and high refresh rates, great for FPS gamers who need low response times and higher refresh rates.
These are just a few of the most common types of PC monitors available in the market. The best one for you will depend on your personal preference and needs. Always keep in mind that different monitors have different resolutions, refresh rates, response times etcetera, so always choose a monitor that is best suited to your requirements and preferences.