Office 365 migration is a major step for any company. Productivity can be re-imagined with the introduction of entirely new tools and updated versions of existing items. Microsoft 365 cloud solutions are increasingly being considered by businesses aiming to replace their on-premises collaboration toolsets. Before you start, consider the best practices offered by office 365 migration service providers before making the leap to cloud computing. In order to help you make an informed decision, below is a list of recommended practices.
Seek out an implementation partner/ideal Office 365 migration support provider who is familiar with both your current environment and your desired transformation, who can assess your environment for compatibility with the new technology, and who can give training for your staff. Both Google Apps and the Office 365 cloud-based productivity suites have two features in common:
- With implementation partners, technology managers create a migration strategy that accounts for the cloud environment’s peculiarities from on-premise systems and overcomes them.
- By making the technological shift simple to implement for the technology management personnel and hence simple to accept by end users, these leaders and partners ensure success.
- Choosing a cloud service provider who understands how to integrate the cloud into your organization is critical.
- When cloud migration, take into account additional cloud-related applications and their dependencies.
- Plan and execute a migration strategy for all of the legacy information that has to be transferred to the new Office 365 platform.
- Describe the advantages that the cloud platform will bring to your company and get support from key stakeholders.
Office 365 Migration Best Practices:
- Start the migration by implementing the strategy.
- Technology management, senior executives, and some other users should be moved to Office 365 first in order to avoid unforeseen obstacles.
- To ensure that your users have a positive experience, move your data in phases. In stages, move your data and apps. Moving the most important ones first or last is necessary to create a smooth transition.
- Avoid corporate downtime by relocating groups that need to communicate constantly.
- Early and frequent communication on the impact of the change on employees is essential. A smooth move depends on effective communication between the various parties involved.
- Employees should be educated on the advantages of cloud computing and how to get them. There will be a lot of hand-holding required from the implementation partner.
- Make use of cloud-based collaboration technologies to improve teamwork.
- Determine the success of your deployment by monitoring changes in employee behavior. Dashboards provided by Office 365 or Google Apps can be used to track success.
- Find out how support inquiries and tickets have changed since moving to a new helpdesk.
- Before and after the implementation, conduct a poll to see how well collaboration and employee satisfaction have changed.
Choosing the right migration path is the first step in determining what to expect. This varies from network to network and from mailbox size to migration speed and more. The successful completion of a data migration requires not only the transfer of data but also the completion of numerous other tasks. Of course, keeping track of all of this is necessary to guarantee that everything happens at the appropriate time and in the proper sequence.