In cases when the business is not falling under the small scale category, one needs to obtain the FSSAI license in Delhi or any other state before coming into operations. The license is going to be in two forms:
- the central license
- the state license
As per the FSSAI guidelines, the business license category is based on the production capacity or the revenue generated by the business.
Large-scale business operators, including manufacturers, importers, or exporters with capital-intensive operations, these business owners have to apply for central licenses. While small-scale or medium-scale operators like distributors, small-scale manufacturers, traders, etc., need to obtain the FSSAI license from the state government, their business’s perspective jurisdiction is falling.
Some of the additional values that warrant a state FSSAI license for the business:
- manufacturing units that have the capacity of 2MT daily;
- three stars or above hotel
- dairy enterprises regulating to 50000L daily;
- relabeling companies;
- repacking factorings
A state FSSAI is valid for min one year to max 5 years.
In cases, the business turnover exceeds Rs 20 crores annually, and the business possesses operational units in more than two Indian states. One needs to have a central government FSSAI license. All the exporters and importers need to have a central food import license of FSSAI, whose tenure is the same as that of state FSSAI license.
Document requirement of different category license
Primary documentation needed to obtain the central FSSAI license
- Filled and attested Form B,
- The complete plan of the processing unit must include where exact dimensions and classifications of operational areas;
- A concrete list of business partners, directors, and proprietors (along with their ID proofs of address and contact information).
- A piece of detailed information regarding the equipments used in the business unit and their total number and the installed capacities.
- A detailed list of food items or categorization;
- Manufacturer authorized letter, along with the address and name of the nominee;
- The analysis report of water used in the production
- Documents showing the sources of inventory;
- Any comprehensive recalling plan
- NOC /PA document
- Certification from the ministry to commerce
- IE code documents provided by DGFT
- Form IX
- Document mentioning the proof of the premises or the rent agreement
- Ministry of tourism certificate
- Proprietorship affidavit or the deed of partnership
- NOC, along with the copy of the specific license required from the manufacturer;
- NOC from the concerned state municipality or similar local authority
- Food safety management system along with the associated certificate;
- A declaration form
- Documents showing the proof of turnover and the distribution
State license documents requirements
- Complete detail of the processing unit, including its exact dimensions and classifications of operational areas;
- A comprehensive and attested Form B
- List of business partners, directors, and proprietors and their ID proof mentioning addresses and contact information.
- listing of Food category
- Authority letter from the manufacturer, having the address and name of the nominee
- Document displaying proof of premises procession
- Analysis report of water used in the production, to verify is it portable or not;
- NOC, along with a copy of some specific licenses obtained from the manufacturers
- Proprietorship affidavit or deed or partnership
- A solid plan regarding the food safety management certificate