Stories are now everywhere be it on Facebook Snapchat Instagram or any other social media app. The story feature gives you the ability to update your audience with real-time information. This has become a dime a dozen for each user worldwide in order to express and interact with others. There is nothing wrong to develop the curiosity to know how to see who viewed your Facebook story.
This article outlines the ways to eye on story metrics by exploring the possibilities simultaneously. You also see privacy updates that can be employed to ensure privacy and remain conscious on the platform with a huge user base.
Steps to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Story
Are you scratching your head over the question “can I see who viewed my Facebook story?” No more long faces, you can see your Facebook story viewers. Below are the steps on the same:
- Step 1: Launch the Facebook app, sign in to your account, and put something on your story.
- Step 2: Wait for some time, then open your story.
- Step 3: Locate a rectangular series of circular profiles from the bottom left of your story or click on “viewers” to see those individuals with their names.
- Step 4: On the same page you can see the number of people who have viewed your Facebook story.
Privacy Settings to Shield the Facebook Account
Is your story visible to some anonymous user or to strangers? It might be harmful as they can breach your privacy for which you have to face hazardous impacts. To prevent this, Facebook lets you control your privacy by your own self which also includes stories. See how:
- Step 1: Sign in to your account, and open the menu by clicking on the hamburger icon.
- Step 2: Then, click on the cog icon to open settings and privacy.
- Step 3: On the directed page scroll down a bit and click on the “audience and visibility” option.
- Step 4: Click “stories”.
- Step 5: Under stories, select “story privacy”.
- Step 6: If the privacy setting of your account is set up as public then simply choose “friends” to ensure your stories are visible to a selected list of friends.
Despite this, you can also opt for the “hide story from” option to restrict certain individuals from viewing your story. Furthermore, you can also control sharing of your story by “sharing options”. When you enable this setting, a certain group of people can share your stories only.
Is It Possible to Hide Stories That You Have Viewed?
The answer is yes. There are a few tried and tested tricks to view others’ stories anonymously or without leaving a hint behind. But the odds are, they are not 100% foolproof they might require new updates. This is possible in three ways:
- H3: Turning on Airplane Mode
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and let the homepage load.
- Step 2: Turn off your device network connection by enabling the flight or airplane mode.
- Step 3: Load the homepage and view any story from your feed.
- Step 4: Once you are done viewing the story shut the Facebook app completely and turn off the airplane mode.
- With Half Swipe Technique
This technique works well with image and text-based stories. You want to be able to view videos with it.
- Step 1: Open Facebook and choose the story you wish to view.
- Step 2: Now you have to be careful, swipe the story slowly until you see the other one, but just don’t let it go.
- Step 3: Once you are done viewing, get back and let it go.
- Use of Third-Party Applications
Nowadays, a lot of third-party applications are available to sneak peek at others’ stories anonymously. The method mentioned above is direct and legal but is not always the full proof. Amongst many, a few of the Facebook story viewers are:
- Social Unseen Story Saver.
These are the top 4 Facebook story viewers we advise you to check out.
Facebook story feature is gaining popularity day by day. The reason behind its growth is that it is the easiest way to update others about the most happening events.
Mobile viewing stories anomalously is fun, but it is equally important to stress over others’ privacy. So, utilize the outlined methods responsibly and respect others.