A UX designer is in charge of making a digital service usable, enjoyable, and accessible to users. The term ‘UX’, expands to User Experience. The job of a UX designer is to deliver a good experience to every user of the software. It may look easier to the laymen’s eye, but facilitating the interaction between an app and a person requires immense knowledge and a thorough behavioral understanding.
A UX designer is a high-paying job, and it is one of the most sought out professions of the coming decade. You can acquire the skills to become a UX designer at any point in your career. Once you have the skills, entry into the industry is easy, as there is a ravenous demand for UX designers in the current job market.
Skills Required to Become a UX designer
- Wireframing and prototyping
- UX writing
- Visual communication
- Interpersonal collaboration and communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Research and analysis
- Coding development
- Curiosity and continuous learning.
Job Requirements of a UX designer
- Dealing with a variety of software and programs and mastering the technical skills required to dismantle heavily coded operations.
- Researching about the competitive edge of a digital product and producing analytical reviews of software in its development age.
- Gaining insights about the needs and desires of potential customers and instituting those changes in real-time.
- Understanding the basics of user testing and laying a step-by-step user interface path.
- Mapping the product as per its development modules.
- Outlining websites, conducting A/B testing, and fielding variables to test performance.
- Executing wireframes on a running code and working in collaboration with the IT engineers and other developers.
How to Become a UX Designer
There are many paths to becoming a UX designer in 2021. From independent certifications to a full-fledged degree, the options are limitless. If you struggle with self-discipline, then getting an online certification is probably not the right choice for you. If you can structure a strong routine around your classes, then you can get these certifications. There is no “official” pathway for you to become a UX Designer. The best tech companies hire both college-educated and self-taught UX personnel. It all comes down to your own dedication towards the craft, and how well you can perform all the duties mentioned above.
For a point of reference, here are all the things you can do to become a UX Designer:
1. Get a UX Design Program: The most obvious and easiest way to become a UX Designer is to enroll yourself in a UX program. There are tons of design colleges in Jaipur that offer a UX course. Getting a degree can also open up a lot of job opportunities for you in the field of UX designing.
2. Gain programming and software knowledge: There are tons of free materials available in your IT job that can accelerate your journey into becoming a tech-savvy UX designer. If you have already had the chops to deliver on the performance, then you need to get on YouTube to understand the tips and tricks of the game.
3. Market your services via freelancing: If you are transitioning from your current job to US designing, the best way to do it is through freelancing. Taking up low-stakes projects can enhance your skill set and build a credible portfolio you need to scout high-paying full-time jobs as a UX Designer.
4. Take an online course: If you don’t want to invest in a full-time course, enroll in an online class. Online classes are flexible and have immense value for a quarter or less of a price than that of any accredited degree. Keep refreshing your skillset, and you will become the hotshot candidate that the UX hiring companies will be drooling over.
Common UX Designer Degrees
Although there are independent courses, most of UX knowledge is complemented with many other areas of tech and IT.
1. Graphic Design
2. Visual Design
3. Web Programming
4. UI Design
5. Computer Design
6. Information architecture
Best UX Design Degree Courses in India
Getting an engineering degree or UX design course is the most effective way to launch your career in this field. Here are the best colleges offering UX Design courses in India:
1. Pearl Academy, Jaipur
Pearl Academy, ranked #10 by India Today, offers a competitive UX design course. The admission into Pearl Academy is lateral, and the average course fee ranges up to 17 Lakh Per Annum.
2. CODE-VGU, Jaipur
CODE-VGU offers a master’s course in UX designing. Admission into the university happens via an entrance exam and the average course ranges up to 3 Lakh Per Annum.
3. Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai
Indian School of Design and Innovation offers multiple courses that teach UX designing. Admission into the university happens via a central entrance exam and the average course ranges up to 6 Lakh Per Annum.
4. NIFT, New Delhi
The National Institute of Fashion Technology recently extended a branch to IT education. The college teaches many courses related to tech and its admission happens through a national entrance exam. The average course fee of NIFT is 12 Lakh Per Annum.
A UX Designer establishes connection between a human and an app, and hence, it is essential that the designer must be well equipped with the irks and quirks of human nature. What colors to pick, which location to choose, and which action to label, all comes down to the UX designer. Getting a fancy degree in UX is not enough. A professional UX designer must have the real-time experience of working on other stages of development to gain the full knowledge required to layout the backend of apps.