It is now clear to everyone that electric cars represent the future of mobility.
In fact, the various car manufacturers, pressured by increasingly stringent anti-pollution regulations, have invested numerous resources in the design and development of electric motors, with the aim of largely eliminating car models with traditional propulsion.
Motorists, on the other hand, are increasingly interested in these new engines both for the economic savings and for the greater knowledge of environmental problems.
Electric cars are new to India and the development in this field is still in progress. The consequent spread of electric car charging stations throughout the country is still on very low graph but it is the future of the transportations as the prices of petrol and diesel are touching the sky.
ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATIONS: WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
So let’s see specifically to understand how electric car charging stations and the different types of columns work.
When we talk about charging stations we mean stations with columns where you can recharge your car equipped with an electric engine.
There are different types of columns: pole, wall or portable and a wireless system is also under development that will allow charging by placing the car on a platform (as happens for some innovative battery chargers).
Electric car charging stations can be of:
- Private sector: they are installed by a technician who connects the column to the electricity grid and can be positioned in homes, in the parking lots of shopping centers, shops, restaurants, hotels, in company parking lots and so on.
- Public sector: the columns are installed by energy managers in streets, public parking lots, railway stations, airports and so on.
CHARGING STATIONS: NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR BUSINESS
With the explosion of E-mobility in strong growth is also the market of charging stations and many companies have thrown themselves into this new business which has numerous advantages both from an economic and environmental point of view.
Let’s see some of them together:
- The environmental benefits are enormous: lower PM10 particuates emissions resulting in improved air quality and energy savings with less waste of resources.
- The installation costs are contained, the columns can be modulated according to the customer’s needs and tax incentives are provided by the State.
- The presence of the EV charging station in a company reinforces its image both from a modernity and innovation point of view, as well as from a sustainability point of view.
- Customer loyalty: thanks to the presence of this innovative service, customers with electric vehicles will be encouraged to attend the commercial activity.
- The columns can be used by customers in full autonomy and simplicity, without personnel costs for management.
CHARGING POINT FOR ELECTRIC CARS
For those interested in starting an EV charging station for electric cars, organizations like Statiq offer a 360 degree consultancy service: from the assessment of commercial needs to the choice of products and devices (e.g. charging stations for electric cars and other vehicles), up to the realization of the EV charging point.
The widespread use of electric vehicles has made it necessary to create “service stations” equipped with everything needed for self-recharging, both in urban areas and in car parks, motorways, refreshment areas, etc…