Table of Contents
- Brief Introduction: EdbMails Office 365 migration tool
- Salient Features of EdbMails Office 365 migration
- Pros and Cons
- EdbMails Office 365 migration tool : Working and Flow
- Public Folder and Shared Mailbox Migration
- Migrate Office 365 to any Exchange version
- Backing up Office 365 mailboxes to PST
- Pricing Plans and Mailbox Licensing
- EdbMails 24×7 Free Customer Assistance
- Wrapping up the Review
The needs of users in today’s digital world are constantly changing. Users all over the world are captivated by the benefits offered by Office 365 and Exchange now that they have taken center stage. Some people want to relocate to a new environment and capitalize on them. But there are also some others who would like to faithfully stick to their existing setups. As the saying goes, “old habits die hard,” and such people find it difficult to make a big leap later in life. Whatever the case, data migration activities such as GSuite to Office 365, Exchange to Office 365, or Office 365 to On-Premise environment necessitate a serious and professional level of planning and preparation. Many users fail miserably due to a lack of adequate information or planning. You could be barking up the wrong tree if you don’t know how to proceed with the migration. Many users approach me and describe their migration woes, and after hearing all of this, I decided to look for an automated tool that could help them. EdbMails Office 365 migration guide is one such software application that piqued my interest. I came across this and decided to put it through its paces in terms of efficiency, performance, and overall quality. It’s impressive to see that these tools are being developed at the same rate as cloud technology advances. As a result, users can avoid writing complex PowerShell scripts or doing it by hand.
Brief Introduction: EdbMails Office 365 migration tool
EdbMails is a professional level Office 365 migration software for those who are unfamiliar. It is completely automated, so you simply log in to your mailboxes and perform Office 365 and Exchange migration. EdbMails supports all types of mailbox migration, including bulk mailbox migration and tenant-to-tenant migration in Office 365. It is also beneficial for users who are stuck with old legacy Exchange, On-Premise Exchange servers and want to migrate to the cloud. EdbMails is also a completely graphical interface software that is simple to use due to its easy navigation and flow.
Salient Features of EdbMails Office 365 migration
Now that we’ve introduced you to EdbMails, let’s take a look at some of its most notable features.
- EdbMails granular migration feature ensures that all the data is completely migrated in their entirety without losing anything.
- It is a highly automated tool that sets impersonation rights, maps mailboxes, and performs the migration with minimal user interaction.
- The graphical user interface (GUI) allows you to see all of the mailboxes in real time and select them as you see fit.
- With EdbMails you have a step-by-step guidance of the entire procedure.
- Another notable feature is that EdbMails supports all migration scenarios, including Exchange and Office 365 migrations, as well as migrations from legacy to On-Premise and Office 365 to Hosted Exchange, making it extremely versatile.
- EdbMails also migrates all permissions and mail items such as calendars, contacts, and notes.
- The migration process is also unaffected, and the software easily handles throttling.
- EdbMails software is compatible with older Windows 7 versions as well as lower-end systems with limited RAM and hard disk space.
Pros and Cons
- EdbMails works on all Windows Operating Systems and Windows Servers
- Software is simple to use and navigate without complexities
- Complete and one-to-one transfer from the source to the destination
- Suited for all the users whether personal, business or large enterprises.
- EdbMails is suited for Windows and does not support Macintosh systems
- Pause and Resume option for migration is yet to be implemented.
EdbMails Office 365 migration tool : Working and Flow
EdbMails operation and installation is fairly self-explanatory. To test the backward compatibility, I installed it on a Windows 7 PC. It was simple to download and install, and it uses very few system resources. I opened multiple programs, including Microsoft Office, Chrome Browser, and EdbMails, to test the sluggishness, and the software opened up very quickly and without lag. I have 4GB of RAM memory and EdbMails software installed on C Drive, which has 80 GB of free hard disk space. In light of these considerations, EdbMails places no additional demands on your system’s resources. It does not hang or hold up even during the migration, which is quite impressive. I’ll go over the migration flow next, and it’s worth noting that the migration can be completed in three simple steps.
Select the option Office 365 migration from the main screen after installing the software.
Step 1: You will be prompted to sign in to your Office 365 account. EdbMails uses OAuth 2.0 modern authentication if you select the modern login method. You will be directed to the official Office 365 login page, where you must authenticate your credentials.
Step 2: EdbMails loads all of your mailboxes from your account and displays them in an easy-to-view format after you log in. You can expand each mailbox by clicking the plus (+) sign next to it to see the various mail items such as contacts, tasks, and folders such as Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items. The number of items in each folder is also displayed, allowing you to skip those with no items.
Step 3: After you’ve made your selections, you’ll need to log in to the target account. Because the other options are covered in the following sections, we will focus on the Office 365 to Office 365 migration in this section. When you click the Migrate to Office 365 button, you will be prompted to enter and verify your destination account credentials. The steps are essentially the same as in the source, with the exception that you must map the mailboxes. EdbMails can also do it for you automatically based on the mailbox names’ similarity or exact match. Once the mapping is complete, double-check them, change the Action to Migrate on the left, and begin the migration.
Step 4: The time it takes to perform the migration is determined by the number and size of items in your mailboxes. On a fast internet connection, migrating a 2GB mailbox should take no more than an hour. You can leave the software running in the background to do its work. After the migration is complete, it displays a log report for easy verification. You can print this or manually verify the migration’s correctness and accuracy.
Public Folder and Shared Mailbox Migration
EdbMails can migrate Public Folders, Shared Mailboxes, and Archive Mailboxes in addition to regular mailboxes. You can connect to the Public Folder or Archive Mailbox from the main connection window. When you use the mailbox login method described above, you will also see a list of all your shared mailboxes. Public folder hierarchies can be very complex, and migrating them manually can cost you dearly in time and money. EdbMails greatly simplifies this process by allowing you to view all of your mailboxes and their folders in a single location. Before you begin migrating, make sure you have a Public Folder and that it is mail enabled.
Migrate Office 365 to any Exchange version
After we’ve covered Public Folders and Shared Mailboxes, you can migrate Office 365 to any Exchange version using EdbMails. This is useful for those who plan to transition to an on-premise Exchange environment or who want to migrate some users to Exchange in a hybrid environment. Select the Migrate to Live Exchange option at the bottom of the main interface screen. This allows you to enter your destination account credentials and begin the migration from Office 365 to Exchange.
Backing up Office 365 mailboxes to PST
There is also the option of backing up your Office 365 mailboxes to PST file format. The PST file can then be opened or imported into any Outlook program to restore all of your data. You can also save the PST file as a backup if you prefer. One of the nice features is that all of the options are in one place, making it very convenient for users to carry out their preferred operation.
Pricing Plans and Mailbox Licensing
We need to talk about EdbMails pricing because it is one of the most cost-effective software products on the market when compared to many other similar competitors. They are perfectly tailored to all users, whether they are small businesses or large corporations. The license for 100 mailboxes costs $200 and decreases in price (cost per mailbox) as the number of licenses purchased increases. A bundle offer (Exchange + Office 365) is also available for $360 (for 100 Exchange + 100 Office 365 mailboxes). You can save more money by purchasing the mailboxes in bulk than by purchasing them separately. I should also mention that the number of mailboxes can be customized based on your requirements. If we had to sum up EdbMails in one word, it is the tool to use if you are on a tight budget but still want all of the features.
EdbMails 24×7 Free Customer Assistance
Office 365 and Exchange migration should be a piece of cake with EdbMails support on your side. As the saying goes, a little learning is a dangerous thing, we advise you to contact EdbMails 24×7 free support for any queries you might have. They have been assisting users in more than 150+ countries and considering their expertise in this area, you will undoubtedly gain more than if you tried it on your own.
Furthermore, there is no need to be concerned about data loss when using EdbMails software. This is because you can test it entirely using the free trial version before purchasing it. If you do not want to install anything on your computer for privacy or permission reasons, EdbMails provides a useful feature of free product live demos, which allow you to understand the entire working process at your leisure. One of EdbMails’ customer service representatives will walk you through the various steps and the entire software. During the session, you can ask questions and map the various steps to your specific requirements and needs.
Wrapping up the Review
Many people are perplexed as to how to proceed because of Office 365 migration issues. I mean, I’m not sure why so many of them still use manual methods like PowerShell scripts and commands when there are automated tools like EdbMails that can do the same job much faster and even more efficiently. With my testing of the software, I must admit that it works flawlessly and that I can use it without any technical knowledge. The graphical steps lighten the load and make the process as interactive and engaging as possible. EdbMails is very lightweight and works well even with multiple programs open on my PC in terms of speed and ease of use. After the migration is finished, all of the source data is available on the target without the need for any additional steps. On the pricing front, it is unquestionably a must-have due to its affordable pricing plans. Overall, I would recommend EdbMails to anyone struggling with Office 365 migration right away.
- What if I have issues with my internet connection? Will EdbMails’ Office 365 migration tool finish the migration completely?
- Yes. There’s no need to be concerned about lost internet connections because the tool will automatically resume the migration once the connection is restored. Furthermore, EdbMails stores a small encrypted meta-data on your local PC. Using this data, the newly arrived items or items that were not migrated in previous migrations are migrated the next time you perform a migration. EdbMails incremental feature therefore saves bandwidth while also ensuring data continuity between the source and the target.
- Will Office 365 to Exchange migration with EdbMails affect our existing users?
- No. EdbMails will have no effect on your existing users. They can continue to use their mailboxes as usual even while the migration is taking place. The software simply copies the data from the source to the destination without altering either. EdbMails also does not cause downtime or data loss.
- How to perform Hybrid Exchange Migration with EdbMails?
- EdbMails supports all three types of hybrid migration: within, to, and from the Hybrid environment. The migration is simple; simply connect to the correct mailboxes and begin the process. If you require additional information, refer to the EdbMails help pages for a detailed guide on Hybrid Migration.
If you use Exchange or Office 365, you might be interested in the Sigsync Office 365 email signature software. You can manage all of your email signatures in one place with this service, eliminating the need to juggle between Microsoft transport rules. Sigsync allows you to add professional and consistent HTML signatures throughout your organization, ensuring consistency. You can also include banners, analytic links, social media icons, hyperlinks, business and other contact information. An email signature can also assist you in marketing your product, targeting specific customers with marketing campaigns, and receiving real-time feedback. If you want to learn more, visit Sigsync from the link above.