You may have noticed a new feature in Safari that enables you to view your open tabs in landscape mode if you have an iPhone. The Safari landscape tab bar is a feature that can be quite helpful for multitasking and web browsing on your iPhone. We will give a thorough explanation of how to use the Safari landscape tab bar in this article so that you may benefit from all of its capabilities.
The Safari Landscape Tab Bar: What Is It?
You can view your open tabs in a horizontal configuration rather than the conventional vertical layout thanks to a feature in Safari called the landscape tab bar. The tab bar will show at the bottom of the screen when your iPhone is in landscape mode and you are surfing in Safari. You may swipe left or right to switch between tabs. iPhone models running iOS 15 or later can use this function.Hence, by default, Safari’s top bar is a combination of light grey and black; if the dark mode is enabled, it changes to a dark grey colour. In order to match the colour scheme of the website you are visiting. what is website tinting, website tinting modifies this default colour.
How Do I Utilize the Landscape Tab Bar in Safari?
Follow these steps to use the Safari landscape tab bar:
1. On your iPhone, launch Safari.
2. Switch your iPhone’s mode to landscape.
3. The screen’s bottom will display the tab bar.
4. Switch between tabs by swiping left or right.
5. Swipe a tab upwards to close it.
6. Tap the “+” symbol in the centre of the tab bar to open a new tab.
Moreover, you may tap and hold a link to open it in a new tab on a website or a tab to shut or open it in a new window in the tab bar.
How Do I Modify the Landscape Tab Bar in Safari?
You can personalise the Safari landscape tab bar to suit your tastes. Here is how you do it:
1. Open Safari on your iPhone.
2. Rotate your iPhone to landscape mode.
3. Tap the “…” icon at the far right of the tab bar.
4. Tap “Customize Tab Bar”.
5. Drag and drop the icons to rearrange them.
6. Tap “Done” when you are finished.
By tapping the “+” or “-” icons, you can also add or delete icons from the tab bar.
How to Use the Landscape Tab Bar in Safari
The following advice will help you make the most of the Safari landscape tab bar:
- To easily switch between tabs, use the swipe gestures.
- To free up memory and enhance efficiency, close any tabs that are not currently being used.
- To open a new tab and begin a new browsing session, click the “+” icon.
- Create a custom tab bar with your preferred icons for easy access.
You can view your open tabs in landscape mode on your iPhone with the help of the helpful Safari landscape tab bar feature. You can utilise and personalise the Safari landscape tab bar by referring to the instructions in this manual. You may enhance your browsing experience and utilise the features of your iPhone with the help of these suggestions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the iPad’s Safari landscape tab bar?
No, at the moment only iPhone models running iOS 15 or later may access the Safari landscape tab bar.
Can I turn off the Safari tab bar in landscape mode?
Yes, you may disable the Safari landscape tab bar by unchecking the corresponding box in the browser’s options.
Can I slide over or use a split view on the Safari landscape tab bar?
For iPad models running iPadOS 15 or later, you can use the Safari landscape tab bar with split view or slide over.