If you have an outdoor space that could use a little bit of sprucing up, there are plenty of ways to instantly make your garden space more visually appealing without a major overhaul. Here are five ideas you can implement right away:
1. Install Pathways – Installing pathways in your garden gives it character and structure while also adding to its visual appeal. Consider using pavers or creating a pathway of stepping stones that leads to different sections in your garden. Often, this breaks up the space and makes it look more inviting.
2. Add Colourful Plants – Adding colour to your garden is an easy way to make it more visually appealing. Consider planting flowers or ornamental grasses around the perimeter or along pathways and other focal points for added visual interest. The wonderful thing about plants and flowers is that you don’t need lots of experience – instead, just choose those that catch your eye.
3. Install Outdoor Lighting – Adding outdoor lighting to your garden makes it look more magical, especially during the nighttime hours. Consider using spotlights or solar lights to illuminate pathways, benches and other focal points in your garden. This will add a soft glow while creating interesting shadows and shapes.
4. Clear Garden Waste – Often, gardens look cluttered because of the sheer amount of debris and garden waste that has accumulated over time. Clear away weeds, dead plants and leaves to make your garden look tidy. Fortunately, lots of fantastic companies exist to help remove garden waste – for instance, we recommend looking at the Bin Buddy website for starters.
5. Show Your Character – While making plans with your garden designers, try to think outside the box, tap into their expertise and make your garden stand out. Adding some personal touches such as a splash of colour, different plants and even furniture can help your garden express your personality. The best way to make your garden space more appealing is to show your character and add aspects that YOU enjoy.
By following the above five steps, you can instantly make your garden space more visually appealing. Adding some life and personality to your garden space can make you the envy of all your neighbours. If you’re in a rural area, you can even add an outdoor firepit and seating area to really show off your garden.
If there’s a certain style that you enjoy, try adding some plants, decorations and furniture pieces that reflect it. Use vibrant colours to draw attention and create a sense of harmony with the elements. If you’re a fan of minimalism, use a few plants and decorations but make sure they stand out.
To create a sense of dimension, try adding vertical elements such as trellises or arches with vines growing up them. Planting in layers will give your garden depth and add to its appeal. If you’re a fan of art, try incorporating sculptures and other pieces into your garden. Create focal points with bold colours that will draw attention from afar.
As you’re starting to see, your garden is your canvas – you can do whatever you wish!