Organic farming refers to the growing of crops or plants without using any chemical pesticides, weedicides, fertilizers and genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Organic oils and unguents are extracted, processed and produced from such organically grown plants without using any chemicals, artificial preservatives and/ or fragrances. Self-health realization or self-improvement has increased the demand of organic products for organic wellness. However, finding genuine organic products has always remained a tricky affair for many.
Listed below are 5 organic gifts of nature that you cannot do without during summers:
- Multani Mitti Powder
Multani Mitti, also called Fuller’s Earth, is a form of mud or clay that was originally used for decolorizing oils and other liquids without using harsh chemicals. It looks like any other ordinary clay but is actually a super-absorbent mineral formation. It is found as a natural assortment only in select places on earth—Multan in Pakistan and Barmer in Rajasthan India being two, hence the name ‘Multani Mitti’. The word ‘Mitti’ being the Hindi word for ‘soil’. Multani Mitti comes power packed with multiple minerals. In dermatology and cosmetology Multani Mitti is used as an effective cleanser for removing dirt, oils and impurities from the skin. User reviews indicate that Indus Valley offers the purest form of Multani Mitti powder online.
Benefits of Multani Mitti Powder
- Multani Mitti can be used as a powerful scrub for removing whiteheads, blackheads and dead skin cells leading to a healthy, natural and a glowing skin.
- Multani Mitti is a great absorbent making it highly effective against acne. It absorbs excess oil from the skin speeding up the healing process.
- It cools down the skin.
- Boosts blood circulation improving skin health and tone.
- Multani Mitti also helps in reducing hair fall, treats dandruff and conditions the scalp.
- Himalayan Salt
Himalayan Pink Salt has been known since ages for its multiple health benefits. It is filled with potassium, magnesium and calcium, which give it a little pink tint. Himalayan salt is one of the healthiest sources of sodium the regular intake of which engenders overall organic wellness of the body.
Benefits of Using Himalayan Salt
- Prevents dehydration by maintaining proper fluid balance in the system.
- Relaxes the muscles.
- Reduces the risk of skin infection by killing harmful skin bacteria.
- Himalayan salt contains larger crystals and smaller granules making it less prone to getting adulterated with artificial additives.
- When used in lamps Himalayan salt purifies the air.
- Organic Henna Leaf Powder
Henna is extensively cultivated in India and has been in use since ages. It is used by Indian women to colour their hair. Organic henna leaves are blessed with ample nutrients and is one of the best alternatives to chemical based hair colours. So, if you are planning to start with hair colouring, organic Henna from the stables of Indus Valley can work as a potent option to achieve organic wellness.
Benefits of Henna Powder
- Naturally obtained by grinding the dried Henna leaf Indus Valley’s Henna Powder is Bleach-free, Ammonia-free and 100% organic.
- It repairs and conditions damaged hair providing strength to the hair follicles.
- It helps fight dandruff, dryness and itchiness of the scalp.
- Damaged and dry hair is prone to split ends, which worsens the condition of hair. Henna breaks this cycle and gives you deeply conditioned and nourished hair ends.
Almond oil works as nectar for the skin. It nourishes, strengthens and softens the hair. Being rich in vitamin B-6 and biotin, almond oil helps to keep the nails and hair healthy and strong. It powerfully removes toxins that are naturally present in the skin to help you achieve all-round organic wellness and healthy hair.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet almomd oil prevents the loss of natural moisture and enables your skin to retain moisture.
- Almond Oil contains the essential nutrient biotin. Massaging the hair with sweet almond oil, therefore, effectively promotes hair growth.
- The oil can fill the cellular level gaps in your hair improving overall texture.
- Vitamin E present in the oil protects hair from dirt, pollution and harmful UV rays of the sun.
Sandalwood is a very pure and fragrant wood obtained from the Santalum genus tree. Sandalwood, in its purest form, is used in most Indian rituals. Multiple benefiting properties of sandalwood make it an important ingredient for beauty treatments and medicines.
Benefits of Sandalwood Face Pack
- Sandalwood paste when applied on the face soothes itchiness and rashes.
- It gives a cooling effect which helps in skin inflammation and reduction of acne.
- Sandalwood face pack tightens the skin and narrows down the pores.
In case you would like to add your own items to this list for optimum organic wellness please feel free to point them out to us in the comments section below.