The Netflix app is a game-changer. It is the perfect plan to relax and unroll after a long day or the perfect activity for when you’re feeling under the weather—and what’s better than that?
But there are so many different ways to use the app that sometimes it feels like we’re just scratching the surface of what it can do. So we have put together a list of 5 Netflix tricks you should try next time you fire up your Netflix account.
1. Use a VPN Service to Watch Unavailable TV Shows and Movies
Netflix subscribers often complain that many movies and TV shows are unavailable for instant streaming. If you use a VPN Service, you can watch Naruto Shippuden on Netflix and any other TV shows/movies/anime that are unavailable in your country.
A VPN is a Virtual Private Network that encrypts your Internet connection and routes it through one of the VPN servers. VPN Services (virtual private networks) allow users to access content from other countries. They also help hide your IP address and make it impossible for anyone to know your location.
This is crucial for privacy reasons but also because if someone could determine where you live, they’d be able to see what other apps or websites you’ve visited.
2. Use The App on Your Remote Control To Easily Search For Your Favorite Shows.
Netflix’s search function is not very user-friendly. It only looks at each word’s first letter, making it hard to find shows or movies by title. You can make your searches much easier by using the voice search function on your remote control.
This means you can speak out loud and see Netflix show titles appear in the search bar without typing anything. The only issue is that not all remotes are supported, and some devices will not be able to use this feature.
It’s super easy, just hold the button down and type. You’ll see that it works just like the search bar on your phone or computer.
3. Quickly Add a Movie To Your List with The “Add To My List” Button
If a movie on Netflix looks interesting, but you don’t have time to watch it right now, there’s no need to mark it as watched—just tap “Add To My List” and save it for later. There’s no need to worry about remembering what shows or movies you want to watch; just let Netflix do the work for you!
The “Add To My List” button is an under-utilized tool in the Netflix app. This button appears below each title and allows you to quickly add a movie or TV show to your list with just one click.
So what’s so great about that?
Well, for starters: it’s faster than clicking through every title in your feed (and then scrolling back up). It can help you save time when searching for dragon ball Z on Netflix or some other anime to watch—just click the button, and everything goes straight into your “Watch Later” queue!
4. Use Keyboard Shortcuts To Navigate Netflix Quickly
How often have you been sitting on your couch, watching Netflix, when you realize that the next episode is about to start and you still haven’t gotten around to picking out what movie to watch?
It happens to all of us—but it doesn’t have to. You can navigate Netflix quickly and easily with a few simple keyboard shortcuts. Here are five tricks you need to try:
- Control+O (or “Ctrl+O”) will take you straight to the search bar.
- Control+F (or “Ctrl+F”) will bring up the search bar for your browser’s address bar, so if you’re looking for something specific in a show’s name or description, this is perfect.
- Control+R (or “Ctrl+R”) will let you rewind through everything that has happened so far on the page or site—perfect if you’ve missed something!
- Ctrl + Shift + N: This shortcut will allow you to search by name instead of just scrolling through everything until you find what you want!
- Ctrl + B: This shortcut will take a screenshot of whatever is currently playing on your screen—which is great if you want to share a funny scene with friends or family without pausing the show.
- Spacebar: This shortcut will pause whatever is playing on your screen so that if someone interrupts you during an important scene, they won’t catch up before it’s over!
- Ctrl + Shift + Right/Left Arrows: Jump back or forward 10 seconds.
- Ctrl + 1-9: Toggle subtitles on and off (or change their size).
5. Watch A Show On One Device While Watching Another Show On A Different Device
When you try to use a feature on one device while streaming content on another, the system will let you know that this is not an available function. But you can get around that restriction using a handy trick called “Smart Play,” which allows you to watch two shows at once on two different devices if they are both supported.
Simply go into your settings and click “Playback Settings” in the Playback Options section. Then, select “Smart Play,” and you can watch two shows at once without any issues.
We have covered most of the main areas you may want to access. Of course, Netflix also has other tricks up its sleeves that we haven’t mentioned here. It’s best to sign up for your free trial and explore them on your own.
Just be sure to give our tips a follow before watching anything to get the most out of Netflix, both on your PC and your TV.