I love wearing my puffer coat in the winter. There is something about pulling on a warm, dry jacket that makes me feel like I can go out and conquer anything! But there are some things you should know to keep your puffer coat clean and dry. Tips for keeping your Men’s Sustainable Reversible Black Bomber Jacket Canada dry and clean include:
- Hang it up when possible
- Dry it off after every snowstorm or rain shower
- Keep an extra pair of gloves in the pocket to avoid getting wet hands
- When your puffer coat gets wet, hang it out to dry
Then put on another layer before going back outside Tips for keeping your puffer coat dry and clean are important because they keep you warm and help maintain the quality of the fabric.
1. Hang it Up When Possible
You’ve just bought the perfect puffer coat to keep you warm all winter. But how do you make sure it stays looking new for as long as possible? Here are some tips:
- Hang your coat up when you’re not wearing it, especially if it’s wet or dirty. This will help it dry out and keep it clean.
- When you’re ready to wear it again, shake off any excess dirt before putting your coat on. This will help prevent getting dirty spots all over the inside of your puffer!
- Be gentle when washing your coat so you don’t accidentally tear or rip anything in the fabric. And always make sure to follow the care instructions on the tag.
- If your coat does get wet, hang it up to dry as soon as possible. Leaving it wet will cause the fabric to stretch and may even lead to mildew growth.
With a little bit of TLC, your puffer coat will stay looking great all winter long!
2. Dry it off After Every Snowstorm or Rain Shower
It’s important to make sure your puffer coat is completely dry after every snowstorm or rain shower. Not only will this help keep the coat looking clean and new, but it will also help prevent any mildew or bacteria from forming. Here are a few tips for drying off your puffer coat:
- Hang the coat on a hook, in a closet or in the bathroom.
- If you have a space heater available to use, allow the coat to hang near it for about half an hour before taking it down and wearing it again.
- You can also place your puffer coat on top of towels and blankets after hanging them over furniture such as chairs and couches.
- If you don’t have a space heater or access to one, allow the coat to hang in an area with good airflow such as near an open window for about 30 minutes before taking it down and wearing it again. When hanging your puffer coat under this method, be sure that no part of your body will brush against it when the coat is wet, as this could lead to colds or the flu.
These are just a few tips for drying off your puffer coat after it gets wet. Be sure to follow the specific instructions that came with your coat and always exercise caution when using any kind of heat source near fabric items.
3. Keep an extra pair of gloves in the pocket to avoid getting wet hands.
If you find yourself in a situation where your hands are wet, it is helpful to have an extra pair of gloves on hand so that you can keep your puffer coat dry. Additionally, make sure to clean your puffer coat regularly in order to keep it looking and smelling its best. Tips for keeping your puffer coat dry and clean include:
- Washing it in cold water on a gentle cycle
- Tumble dry it on low heat
- Avoid using fabric softener, as this can make the coat less waterproof
- Storing it in a dry place when not in use.
By following these tips, you can keep your puffer coat looking and feeling its best.
4. When your puffer coat gets wet, hang it out to dry.
Doing so will help dry your puffer coat faster. Tips for keeping your puffer coat clean include washing it regularly, checking the tag to see if it can be machine-washed, and using a damp cloth to clean the coat. If your puffer coat gets really dirty, you can also use a toothbrush to clean it. Make sure to let your coat air dry completely before putting it back on.
Puffer Coat Dry and Clean is a dry cleaning service that specializes in high-end clothing. We offer both drop off and pick up services, as well as free alterations on some items.