With a recent uptick in the number of people choosing to work remotely, using shared online documents for teamwork has become the norm. Thankfully, online collaborative tools have created opportunities for businesses to complete a group project on time, even with a geographically dispersed workforce.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of eleven document collaboration solutions. Undoubtedly, each of these tools is top-rated and will meet your requirements.
ClickUp is an all-in-one software with tools designed to facilitate teamwork and collaboration for companies of all sizes. With the ClickUp Docs feature, in particular, you can create, edit, and share documents in a matter of a few clicks. You also get a notification every time a teammate opens the file, makes changes, or comments. As all changes are automatically synced, everyone on the team has access to the latest version of the document at all times.
2. Google Docs
One of the many web-based productivity apps in Google Workspace, Google Docs is an online document editor used to create, edit, format, share, and collaborate on documents. It offers the following benefits:
- File sharing notifications
- No sign-up is required.
- Real-time visibility of who made what changes and when.
- Easy importation of documents from any word processor and text file formats.
- Offline editing for situations when no access to the internet.
Typically a contract management software, contractbook is your go-to tool if your job description requires you to draft essential documents like NDAs, HR contracts, sales purchase leases, or data processing agreements. Click once, and you can access and quickly update all of your business documents from the document repository. With features like a template library, multiple signing methods, signees order, and a drag-and-drop automation builder, Contractbook undoubtedly takes document collaboration up a notch.
4. Zoho Docs
The award-winning document management system Zoho Docs is another collaborative tool your team can use to create, edit, and share files. Its features include:
- An intuitive interface to sort files into folders and set up individual workstations
- A built-in chat feature for instant communication
- An excellent text editor with reusable templates
- Top-notch data security at multiple levels so you can rest easy knowing that your data is in safe hands
PaperSave is an easy-to-use document collaboration software that can be integrated with the industry’s best enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software like Microsoft Dynamics, Blackbaud, and Intacct. Combine that with ingenious features for document collection, data indexing, and process automation, and a central repository for all your documents (paper-based or digital) that ensures 100% confidentiality of stored information, regardless of file size or storage capacity.
6. ProProfs Knowledge Base
ProProfs Knowledge Base is a real-time document collaboration tool with a host of impressive functionalities:
- A Microsoft Word-like editor for content creation
- A combination of video and text pages for an interactive knowledge base
- 90+ languages to cater to a large global audience
- Multiple authors for increased collaboration
- A document vault to recover lost pages
- Seamless integrations with popular apps like Slack, Jira, Google Analytics, etc.
7. Dropbox Paper
Dropbox Paper allows users to collaborate on a single document in real time by making changes, adding comments, tracking changes, and tagging other people. From ideation to launching a product to introducing a product specification to starting a quality assurance project. The best part is you don’t need extra software to turn your document into PowerPoint presentations.
Confluence is a collaborative workspace that enables teams to collaborate, organize, and publish their work. Its savvy search option allows you to search the entire workspace and locate information that is relevant to your query. Some of its features are:
- Over 3000 applications available for integration
- Ready-made templates for quick document creation
- Synchronization with Android, iOS, and web-based devices for on-the-go working
- Privacy controls and data encryption standards for enhanced security
Thanks to its clean, minimal design and excellent UX, Bit.AI makes for seamless document management and exceptionally focused team collaboration. The software has a rich text editor with nearly 100 pre-made templates and plenty of colors, themes, widgets, layouts, and tools for autoformatting, document branding, graphic embeds, and code blocks.
10. Microsoft Word
Even though it has been on the market for three decades, Microsoft Word (or MS Word) is still relevant and beneficial in document collaboration. Some of the cool features of MS Word are:
- Task Pane to avoid distraction
- SmartArt to create graphical documents
- Spelling & Grammar checks
- Thesaurus to find synonyms
- QuickParts to use parts of previous work on a new document
- Translator to translate text into different languages—a handy tool if you manage a multilingual team
Last but not least, DocuWare is a cloud-based document management software that, in addition to performing its primary job, can be used for various other functions like sales and marketing, employee management, and processing invoices, to name a few.
The best thing about DocuWare is it allows you to upload physical files in any form and convert them to digital format when used as a standalone DMS software.
By working together digitally, teams can more effectively complete projects without dealing with the inefficiencies of traditional methods like long commutes and fixed office hours. Investing in a reliable document management software solution can help your company become more organized and productive while cutting down on the money spent on securing and storing important documents.
Qurat-ul-Ain Ghazali, aka Annie, is the growth manager at Contractbook and looks after all the organic channels. She has been with tech startups and scaleups for a couple of years with a B2B focus. You can find her socializing, traveling, indulging in extreme sports, and enjoying the local desserts when she is not working.